I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, May 9, 2011

A Bittersweet Move

We have been crazy busy the last few weeks.  We offered on a home, it was accepted and we decided to pack up and move the week of finals... poor Nick!  We wanted to save a month's rent, and my sweet sister and her family offered to have us in their home for a month.  It's been so great.  They have totally welcomed us in and we love their family, so it's a double plus!

The move was bittersweet!  As I packed up, being the emotional person I am, I let memories take over!  There is just something special about your first place.  I asked Nick if he was sad and he looked at me with the most surprised face, "NO! We are moving into a house!"  Boys just don't usually get it ;)  We spent our first year there and it was perfect, extremely small, but perfect!  We grew to love our ward, so many fun people and friends we made.  I will especially miss Young Women's.  Nick was able to walk to school all of the time and I wasn't too far from work.  The one thing we won't miss... the parties... let's just say we lived next door to a Frat house and our weekends were filled with lots of loud music until all hours of the night.  Oh and carrying groceries all the way around the house and down to the basement!  We feel like a house will be a huge luxury!  We feel so blessed, as every little thing has fallen perfectly into place.

Here are some shots of our apartment, The living room... (don't mind the couch, Nick broke it, along with some light bulbs and other things, it was a little too small for him :)


The kitchen...


The bathroom...


and our room, which I forgot to take a full picture of...


And yes, that pretty much sums up the whole apartment, minus a few closets :)


And now we are living with these fine people:


Here is a shot of us with their cute kids, decorating Easter Eggs.  Lucky for us, they have always invited us to all of their family traditions.  Everything is more fun with kids!



      

2 comments:

  1. Katie Love! That is such exciting news! Where is your new home? I can definitely imagine it being hard to leave your first place together! What fun memories, but think of all the memories ahead of you! We STILL need to get together. Please let me know if we can help you! Xo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate! Glad you are back blogging! I remember leaving our first apartment :( but you will love making new memories in your new place! Update with pics!!! :)

    ReplyDelete